Friday, July 15, 2016

My Creator Knows My Name



Hi Friends!  

Today Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps is releasing a brand new Creative Worship clear stamp set, My Creator (designed by Krista Hamrick) and I decided to play around with this set to create a card with the galaxy technique.

This fabulous new set, My Creator can be used for Bible Art Journaling as well as card making!  Krista Hamrick has designed several other stamp sets in the Creative Worship line at Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps and they all coordinate so well together.   

I just love all of the images in the My Creator clear stamp set as well as the sentiments and can see several projects in the future :-)

I decided to use a galaxy technique to create the background  and will be linking this card to the July #26 Mixed Media Monthly Challenge “Reach for theStars” as well as the Splitcoaststampers WT574 “Celestrial Sensation” (I am playing "catch-up" on these challenges since the original challenge date was 03/10/16 but the SCS challenges never expire :-)).

If you have not already had a chance to visit the above challenge galleries, I hope you will find the time to do so- gorgeous inspiration from all!

To create the galaxy background for this card:

Use a sponge applicator to apply Ranger® Tim Holtz® Distress Ink to a piece of Whisper White cardstock (I used Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot).

When you are satisfied with the sponging, add drops of water for some of the “galaxies” and heat set with the Heat Tool.

Add Titanium White Acrylic Paint with a splatter tool to create the stars.

To create the rest of the card:

Trim the background panel, layer the sentiment and stars (I used my MISTI® Tool), prepare the background panel with an Embossing Buddy®, stamp the sentiment from My Creator with Versamark™ ink, apply White Embossing Powder and heat set with the Heat Tool.

Ink the Jesus My Creator image with archival black ink, stamp onto a piece of white cardstock, heat set with the Heat Tool, stamp another Jesus My Creator image onto plum designer paper, heat set and fussy cut the robe from the image.

Watercolor the globe, clouds, face and hands on the stamped image using water-based markers, fussy-cut the image and mount the fussy-cut plum robe onto the main image.

Use plum markers to add shadows and color to the robe (along with a water brush to soften the colors).

Trim the galaxy sentiment background panel and mount onto a piece of white cardstock, trim and mount onto the plum card front before mounting onto the white card base.

Add the finished paper pieced Jesus My Creator image using dimensional foam to finish off the card.


Ink/Mediums: Versamark™, Ranger® Tim Holtz® Distress Inks- Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot; Ranger® Tim Holtz® Distress Markers- Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean; Zig® Clean Color Real Brush- #091 Light Gray; Stampin’ Write Markers- Blush Blossom, Perfect Plum; Faber-Castell® Pitt Pen Black Marker; Titanium White Acrylic Paint

Paper/Cardstock: Whisper White, Perfect Plum; retired Perfect Plum Designer Series Paper

Accessories/Tools: AquaPainter™, Embossing Buddy®, Stampin’ Emboss® White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sponge Applicator, Splatter Tool


Thanks for stopping by- hugs and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Grace said...

This is soooo amazing Julie! I just love your vivid background and this set is wonderful!!!

Rachel said...

this is beautiful! that background is fabulous. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...