Friday, January 8, 2016

Sale-A-Bration- What I Love :-)



Hello Friends!

I hope you are having a terrific week so far!  I had a chance to play around with some of the new 2016 Sale-A-Bration sets today and created a card using the “What I Love” stamp set.

I wanted to participate in a few of my favorite online challenges, so I decided to use the CQC323 ColourQ Challenge, the SC119 Sketch from Stampin’ Celebration and the theme of the Inkspirational #99 “Thank You with SomethingNew” Challenge.

If you have not had a chance to visit the above challenge site galleries yet, again, I would encourage you to do so- wonderful inspiration from all!

To create this card:

De-static a piece of Whisper White cardstock with the Embossing Buddy®, ink the outline flower image from What I Love using Versamark™ Ink, stamp onto the prepared cardstock, apply Stampin’ Emboss® White Embossing Powder and heat set with the Heat Tool.

Color the image with the Blushing Bride and Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Markers, spritzing with water to blend the colors, re-color as needed and fussy-cut out the flowers.

Ink the Definitely Dahlia background stamp with Blushing Bride Classic Ink, stamp onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock, trim the panel, add the distressing with the large Gorgeous Grunge splatter stamp using Melon Mambo and Pool Party Classic Ink , stamp the sentiment with Melon Mambo Classic Ink as well as a few of the leaves.

Add the banner elements  using the Banner Triple Punch to create the banners (I had the woodgrain piece of Crumb Cake and the retired Pool Party DSP already I my stash and mounted both on scrap pieces of Melon Mambo cardstock).

Trim the background panel and mount onto Melon Mambo cardstock, trim again and mount onto the Pool Party card base.

Punch the leaves from Crumb Cake cardstock, sponge Melon Mambo Classic Ink over the edges and add to the card front along with the Gold Thread loops.

Add the embossed flowers using Stampin’ Dimensionals® to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  What I Love (2016 SAB), Definitely Dahlia, Gorgeous Grunge

Ink: Versamark™, Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Pool Party; Stampin’ Write Markers- Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo

Paper/Cardstock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Pool Party; retired Sweet Shoppe DSP

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Woodgrain Textured Impressions™ Embossing  Folder, Embossing Buddy®, Stampin’ Emboss® White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Banner Triple Punch, Leaf Punch (MS), Gold Thread, Water Spritzer Bottle

You can never have too many “thank you” cards in your stash and I can see that I will be using the What I Love stamp set for many different occasions for sure!


Thanks again for taking the time to visit- I hope all of you have a fabulous evening!

13 comments:

wendi said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the color combinations, and those flowers are my favorite! I just made some bookmarks for a neighbor with those flowers. Aren't they fun?!? Thanks for including Stampin' Celebration in as inspiration!

Marina said...

Wonderfully versatile design with brilliant bursts of colour - great card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Stampinkspired said...

Beautiful card, Julie! I love the colours with the white embossing! A great combo with the background paper you created. Thanks SO much for joining us at Stampin' Celebration Challenge.

OttawaMom said...

Wonderful card! I love all the layers, especially that background! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful! I love the layers and the big blossom in the background is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ!

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Just Love your card! Really stunning! Beautiful flowers! You've made great use of our sketch, thank you for playing along at Stampin Celebration!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous flowers! Love the details and layers! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Shauna said...

Wow... this card is awesome! I love the big, bold banners, the cluster of flowers, and the great use of color and splatter. Very impressive! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Joyce said...

Gorgeous card. I just love those flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful...great take on the sketch and colors! Thanks for joining us at the CQC!!!

Unknown said...

The colors, the movement of elements, the layering ... amazingly beautiful card!

Unknown said...

The colors, the movement of elements, the layering ... amazingly beautiful card!

sandie said...

Congrats for winning at Ink, we loved your card x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...