Saturday, August 22, 2015

DTGD15understandblueb Awesome Wonder

Hi Stampers!!


Here is my last hostess sample for the recent 2015 Dare to Get Dirty Challenge for my good friend, Lydia’s DTGD15understandblueB Challenge (FYI- you can still create cards throughout the year and link to the challenges although the official challenge is over and you would not be eligible for the drawing for the vendor prizes) :-)

As I mentioned in my previous posts, Dare to Get Dirty is an annual event that allows the Splitcoaststampers’ Fan Club members to participate in several challenges hosted by the Dirty Dozen Girls (current and alumni, like me) in creating cards but also the possibility to receive prizes from the member companies (if interested in more details, see the beginning of this post). 

Again, one major rule of participation in the Dare To Get Dirty Challenges is that the actual challenge details are secret to all except the Fan Club Members…I can share the card but not the details on the actual challenge (unfortunately, any details on this card will reveal the challenge details, so if you have any questions, please let me know in the comment area).  


This card was a definite work in progress and incorporates a few Mixed Media techniques :-)


Stamp Sets: How Great Thou Art (Our Daily Bread Designs)

Paper:  Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Elegant Eggplant, Brushed Gold

Ink: Versamark™, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Stains and Silver Alcohol Ink, Gelatos, White Acrylic Paint, White Gel Pen

Accessories: Embossing Buddy®, Heat Tool, Stampin'Emboss® White EP, Rhinestones, Water Spritzer Bottle, AquaPainter


Thanks again for taking the time to visit!  I had so much fun creating the hostess sample cards as well as hostessing for this year’s Dare To Get Dirty Challenges and am looking forward to participating again next year :-)  I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!!

5 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a beautiful card. The sentiment is really nice too.

Judys said...

Awesome wonderous sky! I would so love to know how to make this, but understand the DTGD rules. Even with the supplies, I couldn't figure it out, but I might try anyway!

Tish said...

I agree with the comments above..I can't figure out how you did this card without your awesome directions. Will you reply to Judy and I can look at her comments?
You are so creative. Thank you for sharing so many of your cards. Plus, your stamp selection encourages us to buy them.
Thanks again.
Tish

Julie Gearinger said...

Thanks Ladies for your sweet and encouraging comments!! This background was created with a watercolor technique using Classic Ink, Distress Stains, Alcohol Inks and Acrylic Paint. There are a few videos online that show the process- my favorites video was by Wplus9 Design Studio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JW389ASQaw . I used this as a starting point but also added additional layers until I was satisfied. I hope this helps you but remember that each one of these backgrounds will definitely be different as you experiment with Mixed Media- have fun and God Bless!

Tish said...

Thank you for sharing this. You are a blessing to us.
Tish

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...