Friday, May 8, 2015

True Friends- Using Postage Due for a Theme, Color and Combination Challenge:-)

Hi Stampers! 

I hope you are having a wonderful week so far! 

I have been busy this past week designing and preparing for our Awana 5th and 6th Grade Girls’ Mother’s Day card/project (we had a great time and I will share after Mother’s Day :-)), so I have not been able to participate in my normal weekly challenges....can I say that I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms- lol!!

Before tackling the neglected housework this morning, I took some time to pull out some pre-printed My Digital Studio (MDS) images and create a quick card for The Paper Players PP243 "Travel" Theme Challenge along with the CCEE Stampers CCEE1519 "Self Made Flower and More" Challenge and the Splitcoaststampers CC529 Color Challenge (Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and dessert option to use green- see details here and gallery here).

I have to admit that my cycling days are over but I love the soon-to-be retired Postage Due stamp set and wanted to highlight it along with the soon-to-be retired MDS one last time :-) 

Again, if you have not stopped by any of the challenge sites yet, I hope you will find the time to do so- fantastic inspiration from all!!

To create this card:

Open a blank document in My Digital Studio (MDS), position the Postage Due images along with the sentiment from Friendly Words (re-sizing all a bit) and print out using Black Printer Ink onto Whisper White cardstock.

Use the Big Shot™ with the following  to create part of the card elements:
The My Favorite Things (MFT) Stitched Rectangle Die to cut out the bicycle image and the Ovals Collection Framelits™ to cut out the sentiment.

Cut an oval frame from Basic Black cardstock with the MFT Dotted Scallop Oval Frame die and layer the oval cut sentiment onto the frame.

Use the MFT Royal Rose and Royal Rose Mini Dies to cut the flowers from Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango cardstock.  Use the Crimper Tool to crimp the flowers and hand roll each into their shapes (using Hot Glue to adhere the centers). 

Use the retired Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions™ Embossing  Folder to emboss a piece of Whisper White cardstock (I used the debossed side since this piece was already in my stash and has a rejected stamped image on the other side- now you know my secrets :-)).

Layer the embossed Whisper White panel to a piece of Basic Black cardstock, trim and mount onto the Whisper White card base.

Add the stitched rectangle bicycle image panel and mount a postage stamp image on an angle to cover up part of the white space near the sentiment area (in MDS I had covered the flower on the Postage Due image before printing using a Square Punch and filling in the color with Whisper White). 

Hand cut out the postage stamp images and mount onto Basic Black cardstock (hand cutting around the frame as well- the images were too small for layering with the Postage Punch).

Mount the truck stamp images onto the Tangelo Twist Thick Baker’s Twine (knotted on the ends to create the banner) and add the Parisian stamp in the center.

Mount the banner onto the card front and add a Stampin’ Dimensional® behind the Parisian stamp.

Add the focal image oval frame using Stampin’ Dimensionals® and mount the flowers along with Wild Wasabi leaves (punched with the Martha Stewart Leaf Punch).

Use the Bow Builder Punch to create the Basic Black cardstock bow, mount to the top of the frame and add the Antique Brad to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Postage Due, Friendly Words (both MDS versions)

Ink: Printer Ink- Black

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Wild  Wasabi

Accessories: Big Shot™,  retired Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Oval Collections Framelits™, Bow Builder Punch, Antique Brad, retired Tangelo Twist Thick Baker’s Twine; My Favorite Things- Dotted Scallop Oval Frame Die, Royal Rose and Mini Royal Roses Die, Stitched Rectangle Die; MS Leaf Punch


Thanks again for stopping by- I hope all of you have a blessed day!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Glad you found some time to stamp with us this week, Julie! This is lovely...my favorite transportation stamp!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...