Saturday, November 2, 2013

DD77 A Cardinal Christmas Greeting

Hi Stampers! 

I am so excited to announce that I will be part of another Design Team- The Dynamic Duos!!  I love participating in their weekly color challenges (usually only two colors) and now I will be on their Design Team for the next six months along with a terrific lineup of fellow Designers- woohoo!!


This week’s DD77 color combination is bright and cheerful and I am hoping that you will create a card and join us!! 

The colors reminded me of Christmas, so I created another Christmas card for my commitment to the CCC13 Christmas Card challenge….only a few weeks to go before I need to start mailing my cards... I better get busy :-)

To create this card:

In My Digital Studio (MDS), open a blank 8.5 x 11 custom page and insert the Cardinal image from A Cardinal Christmas (I “re-sized” and reversed the image so it is facing towards the right) and insert the sentiment from Special Season.   

Print onto Whisper White cardstock  (again, I usually insert other images before printing to fill up the page and use the other images at a later date).  

Color the cardinal and berries using a Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker and the leaves with the Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write marker- add shadows with the Sahara Sand Stampin’ Write marker. 

With the Big Shot™ and the Window Frame Framelits™, cut out the cardinal image and also a frame the same size from Real Red cardstock.  Cut the Real Red window frame die cut in half horizontally and adhere behind the cardinal image allowing a bit of the Real Red frame to show around the edges.

Use the Big Shot™ with the retired Northern Frost Decorative Strip to cut out the snowflakes from a piece of Whisper White cardstock.

Also use the Big Shot™ with the Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to emboss a piece of Whisper White cardstock.   Add this layer onto the Real Red card base and adhere the diagonal strip of Bermuda Bay cardstock (I used a piece from my scraps that was already cut on the diagonal from a previous sketch challenge- love my scraps!!  :-).

Round the corners on the sentiment using the 1 ¾” Circle Punch and adhere to a scrap piece of Real Red cardstock (rounding the ends of the Real Red frame with the same punch).

Cut some of the snowflake die cuts in half and adhere behind the cardinal and sentiment layers and add the entire cardinal/sentiment panel to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals®.

Add the additional snowflake to the front right of the cardinal along with the Pearls to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  A Cardinal Christmas, Special Season– both MDS

Ink: Printer Ink- Black, Stampin’ Write Marker- Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Sahara Sand
Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Real Red

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Window Frames Framelits™, Northern Flurry Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Northern Frost Decorative Strip (retired), 1 ¾” Circle Punch, Pearls


The rest of our Design Team did a fabulous job and if you would like to visit each of their blogs, here are the links  :-)



Thanks again for stopping by!     I hope all of you will have a chance to play along this week- I would love to see your creations!! 

Have a wonderful weekend and have a great time creating and stamping!


14 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!! Glad to hang out with you again, Miss Lady!! This DT is gonna be FUN!! Hope all is well......

Tracey McNeely said...

Incredible colouring of your cardinal. Congratulations on Dynamic Duos! Can't wait to see your projects each week!

canadian_liner said...

Gorgeous colouring and detail on this card--I swear those little berries are 3-dimensional! Looking forward to sharing and "growing" over then next few months.

Annette Elliott said...

Julie, so glad to be working with you! I have admired your cards for awhile now! Gorgeous card!

Julie Gearinger said...

Thanks Ladies! I had a lot of fun creating this card :-)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Julie. Love the pretty cardinal and the details. Glad to be working with you on the DT.

Nancy Seed said...

Absolutely stunning. After looking at all of the other designers I just had to comment on your card. Although you have the snowflakes it is such a warm and inviting card. Beautiful job. Great talent!

Angel Johns said...

This card is beautiful. The snowflakes and cardinal just makes it! Your coloring is superb! Thanks for sharing with us. I am so excited to be a part of this team with you!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on Dynamic Duos! Can't wait to see your projects each week! Beautiful work BTW on your first submission!!

Reply

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Another gorgeous creation from Julie! So very lovely with awesome details-the snowflakes, embossing folder, the framing of the cardinal. The coloring is beautiful;) Looking forward to working with you on the DT at Dynamic Duos.

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Julie, not sure if my comment went through but wanted to say I am excited to be on the DT at Dynamic Duos with you. Your card is absolutely gorgeous with the beautiful coloring, the snowflakes and embossing, and the design layout;)

Sarah Fleming said...

You make such amazing cards, and this is one of them! I was honored to see that I'm on a design team with you, because I've admired your work for a long time.

I thought it was neat that we both used a mat of Bermuda and White with the split on the diagonal!

Lesley said...

What a beautiful card, Julie. The colours are amazing with the cardinal image and I love the way you used the snowflakes. Thrilled to have you on board! I have always admired your awesome designs!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Julie, this is one of those holiday stamp sets that I will never part with but now you have me looking at it with fresh eyes. I LOVE the added texture from the snowflakes. Your shading is awesome, too. So glad to be working with you (again)!! Big hugs! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...