Tuesday, August 20, 2013

CAS Christmas- A Floral Wreath :-)

Hi Stampers!!

I wanted to create a quick, easy Clean and Simple (CAS) Christmas card that I could easily multiply for one of my designs for the August CCC13 Splitcoaststampers Christmas CardChallenge.  

This challenge is to help encourage and motivate you create your Christmas cards throughout the year (versus waiting until the last minute like I normally do :-)) or worst yet, not even get a chance to finish (like last year for me- I was so disappointed).  I have a very large list with our Awana club and church families so have committed to 20-25 cards per month but I am behind again...so I will be featuring Christmas cards frequently for the next few months :-)

Sometimes I like to try to use stamps that are not normally designed for Christmas to create a Christmas card and that is what I did here...  As I looked at my current catalog stamps, I thought that I could do something with a stamp set I do not recall inking up yet, Betsy's Blossoms :-)  The wreath is created from the large flower and this card is so easy to make!!

To create this card:

Uses the 1 ¼” Scallop Circle Punch to punch out a piece of scrap card stock to use as the center mask for the wreath. 

Ink the large floral stamp from Betsy’s Blossom using Always Artichoke Classic Ink and lay the mask created in the above step in the center of the stamp.

With the stamp facing up toward you, lay a piece of Whisper White cardstock on top of the stamp, gently press around the floral image and lift up carefully.

Stamp the sentiment from More Merry Messages using Cherry Cobbler Ink, trim the panel to size and adhere to a piece of Always Artichoke along with Cherry Cobbler cardstock.

Use the Big Shot™ to emboss a piece of Whisper White cardstock with the Woodgrain Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder- trim to 4” x 5 ¼”.  Mount this panel onto a Whisper White card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals®. 

Adhere the center panel using Stampin’ Dimensionals® and add the ½” Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Bow to finish off the card. 

Stamp Sets:  Betsy’s Blossoms, More Merry Messages

Ink: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler

Paper: Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler

Accessories: Big Shot™, Woodgrain Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, ½” Cherry Cobber Seam Binding Ribbon


This is a really quick, fun and easy card!  You could step it up a bit with Pearls, Rhinestones or the new Candy Dots (which I have yet to order) but I decided to keep it plain and simple- hope you like it!!







*** REVISION ***  OK, changed my mind and did add a few Cherry Cobber cardstock dots using the smallest circle on the Owl Punch and highlighting with the White Gel Pen- I think I like this version a bit better :-)  




Thanks again for stopping by- have a terrific Tuesday!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...