Saturday, March 23, 2013

Another CAS Card using A Challenging Color Combo!


Hi Stampers! 

I wanted to create a card using the Nacho Average #38 Colors and these colors were truly a challenge for me!!  Whenever I try to combine yellows and pinks, I struggle – that is why I love challenges so much (they definitely get me out of my comfort zone :-)!
If you have a chance, check out this challenge blog- they have a new challenge each week :-)

Again, I turned to my scraps to create this quick and easy "hybrid" card:

Use My Digital Studio (MDS) to print the sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers onto Whisper White cardstock and cut the frame using the Big Shot™ with the Apothecary Accents Framelits™ Die.  I love using MDS for cards- especially for sentiments (do not need to worry about the Stamp-a-ma-jig :-))

Also cut another Apothecary Accents frame from Raspberry Ripple cardstock with the Big Shotand using scissors, cut this frame in half horizontally to layer behind the sentiment.  Use the 1/16” Handheld Punch to add the Antique Brads.

Cut strips from Patio Party Designer Series Paper (DSP) - use the 1” Square Punch to create banner points.  Adhere the banners at various heights behind the framed sentiment and add the 3/8” Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin Ribbon bow.

Mount an embossed panel of Whisper White onto the Whisper White card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals®  (I used a previously embossed panel using the Fancy Fan Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder).    Punch a few circles from the Party Pario DSP using the 1 3/8” Circle Punch and adhere towards the top of the card.

Add the sentiment banner panel using Stampin’ Dimensionals®  and adhere the punched butterflies from the Patio Party DSP and Print Poetry DSP stack with Stampin’ Dimensionals®  as well .   Add the pearls to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Thoughts and Prayers (MDS)

Ink: Printer Ink- Black

Cardstock: Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Patio Party DSP, Print Poetry DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot™, Fancy FanTextured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Punches- 1” Punch (for banner points), Elegant Butterfly, 1 3/8” Circle, 1/16” HandHeld; 3/8” Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin Ribbon, Pearls, Antique Brads 

After I finished creating this card and started to upload, I realized that I used Raspberry Ripple along with the Summer Starfruit and Primrose Petals (versus Pretty In Pink)- oh no!!  Hopefully this will not disqualify me from the challenge :-).

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope all of you have a fabulous Palm Sunday weekend!!

1 comment:

Anne Hayward said...

I agree. MDS is great for sentiments. Love the layers. Great job! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...