Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Congratulations- "Love" for Homegrown


Hi Stampers!! 

I have not had a chance to participate with the Stamping411 Sketches lately, so I wanted tocreate a card using this week’s SSC249 Sketch along with the “Congratulations”  SUO42 theme challenge from the SUO Challengesite.  I also chose to highlight all of the 2010-2012 retiring “In-Colors” with the exception of Blushing Bride- only another month or so before these beautiful colors will be retired!

In keeping with the idea to use “sets that you had to have but have not inked as much as you thought you would”, I decided to ink up my “neglected” Homegrown set.  I love the artwork in this set, but for some reason, have not used it as much as I thought I would.

I modified the sketch a bit to add the sentiment at the bottom.  The   “Congratulations” theme seemed an appropriate sentiment- I know that I would like to have more time to possibly garden or stamp :-) 

Plus I was able to ink up one of my retired sets (again, one that had not been used as much as I would have liked before it retired)- hmmn…there seems to be a theme here- I must have too many stamp sets :-) !!
To create this card:

Close-Up of detail in the corners
Ink the images with Versamark® and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock.  Heat emboss with the Heat Tool and once the embossing has cooled, color the images using the Aqua Painter with the ink pads (I used Concord Crush, Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz).  Carefully cut out around the embossed images and set aside.

Using the Big Shot™ with the Finial Press Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, emboss a piece of Peach Parfait DSP (prior to embossing, I inked the smooth interior side of the folder first with Peach Parfait).  Lightly sand this layer with the Sanding Block and adhere onto Concord Crush. 

Wrap the Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding around the outside corners, add the knotted Hemp Twine and the embossed images. Use the 1/16” Handheld Punch and attach two brads in the corner of the Homegrown sentiment and mount the entire panel onto Pear Pizzazz cardstock.  

Add the sentiment layers and you are finished! 

Stamp Sets:  Homegrown, Congrats (retired)

Ink: Versamark™, Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade
Paper: Whisper White, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait DSP (retired Hostess pack)

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Finial Press Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Framelits™ Label Collection Die, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Emboss® Black Embossing Powder, Modern Label and 1” Circle Punch, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding, Hemp Twine, Metallic Brads

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope all of you have a wonderful Easter week! 

4 comments:

Cindy said...

This is a fabulous card to celebrate a retirement! Gardening and stamping are my two favorite activities. Thanks for joining us this week at SUO Challenges!

Jen Timko said...

This really is a great card! I love your use of that stamp set. So glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Tammy said...

Great job with the sketch! I love all the texture and color! And, the ribbon on the corners is a great idea!

Karen Barber said...

WOW - what an awesome background on your cool veggie card! Thanks for playing along!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...