Monday, October 11, 2010

PP19 and SSC172- Two Challenges in One!





Hi Again, Stampers!

I needed another sympathy card so I decided to incorporate two challenges– The Paper Players PP19- Jaydee’s Color Challenge (see
http://www.thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/ ) along with the sketch challenge from Stamping411 with the Operators #SSC172 (see http://www.stamping411.blogspot.com/). 

I decided to use one of the new Hostess Level II sets- Fast & Fabulous to create the focal image. 

I stamped the large floral image in Basic Black on Whisper White and used a Blender Pen with  Real Red ink to fill in the flowers. 

Sponge Daubers and the Color Spritzer Tool with Basic Black were used to distress the image.

The Real Red layer was embossed with the new Elegant Lines EF and a few pearls, Frost White Shimmer Paint and 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon finished off the card (the Shimmer Paint did not photograph well). 

Stamp Sets:  Fast & Fabulous, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red                 
Accessories: Big Shot, Elegant Lines EF, 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Modern Label Punch, Frost White Shimmer Paint Mist, Pearls, Sponge Dauber, Color Spritzer Tool, Dimensionals

This is a quick easy card- I hope you like it! 

11 comments:

Lesley said...

Another beauty Julie! The distressing is a nice touch!
Smiles,
Lesley

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow just beautiful!

Kerin said...

The distressing is awesome on this card, and I love the little pearls!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is wonderful. I love the oriental feel of it. Very striking!

Karen said...

Great blog Julie and wonderful cards.

I am following you from SC
Visit my blog at www.simplysaidwithkaren.blogspot.com

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, as always! I love the embbossing! Thanks for joining The Paper Players!

jaydee said...

Julie, another wonderful card. The way you have combined the colors and the accents are perfect for this sympathy card. Wonderful job combining both challenges.
thank you for joining the Paper Players again this week.
Jaydee

Connie Babbert said...

Great distressing...very vintage!

Patti Chesky said...

So pretty! I love the texture and the tag element!

Selene Kempton said...

I love the tag as the focal point and the color is just stunning!

Crystal said...

This is one of those classic color combos that I never try but ALWAYS love!! Thanks for inspiring me to try it out for myself! :) tfs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...