Sunday, October 10, 2010

French Foliage & Day of Gratitude- Three Challenges in One!

Hi Stampers!     I used three challenges to create today’s card –
The Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge PPA63 (see http://www.palspaperarts.com/),
 the CCMC119 sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary
SUO Challenges #3- Holiday Mini (see  http://suochallenges.com/?p=36). 





I decided to use my new set from the Holiday Mini- French Foliage and the colors from the PPA63 challenge.  The colors were a bit pastel for a fall card, but I decided to focus on the Melon Mambo as the accent color.

Using Very Vanilla as the base with the Big Shot, I embossed the panel with the Vintage Wallpaper EF and sponged Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait to highlight the embossing. 

I also embossed the Melon Mambo layer with the Square Lattice EF and using the Square Scallop Punch, overlapped the individual punched out shapes to create the scallop border around the focal image. 

Using the Rock-n-Rock technique, I first stamped the leaves on the focal image with Pear Pizzazz and rolled in either Peach Parfait or Melon Mambo.  Using the Masking Technique, I covered the leaves and stamped the word background stamp from the French Foliage set using Peach Parfait.  A bit of sponging with Pear Pizzazz finished off the effect.

I did not have any Pear Pizzazz ribbon, so I substituted Old Olive for the ribbon layer and stamped a few of the leaf images (again with the Rock-n-Roll technique) and cut them out for layering and added a few of the new Antique Brads.

The sentiment is from another new stamp set in the Holiday Mini, Day of Gratitude and I first stamped the image in Pear Pizzazz and using a Sponge Dauber, pounched  Melon Mambo on the Gratitude and Thanksgivings area. 

I took the previously inked leaf stamps and "huffed” to re-moisten the ink. I stamped these images over the sentiment to tone down the Very Vanilla and give a distressed appearance.  Punched out the sentiment using the new Decorative XL Label Punch and sponged the edges with Melon Mambo.    

Stamp Sets:  French Foliage, Day of Gratitude
Cardstock:  Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Melon Mambo      
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice and Vintage Wallpaper EF, 5/8” Old Olive Satin Ribbon,Sponge Daubers, Square Scallop and Decorative XL Punches, Antique Brads, Dimensionals

I know the colors in this card are somewhat unconventional but I hope you like it!  Thanks again for visiting- have a great day!

10 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

so rich and gorgeous!

Deb said...

This is really pretty. I love the vintage feel and you did a great job of putting all these wonderful colors together so nicely. Thanks for playing in the Create with Connie and Mary challenge!

Unknown said...

Great job with the colors especially on this card!! I love the vintage wallpaper embossing folder as well. Thank you for playing with us at SUO Challeges--I hope you will play again soon!

Amy Fink

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Love the embossing and the way you used the challenge colors! Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts!

Mary Brown said...

What a PERFECT pairing of the colors and the sketch! I just LOVE your colors with this! BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing along with week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Carrie Gaskin said...

so very great, Julie!

Stampin' Diva said...

Beautiful card!! Love the sponging on the embossed background!!! You really nailed the colors and the layout. Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!!

Melina said...

Love the embossing! Lovely, lovely! :)

Thanks for joining us at SUO challenges!

Lisa Martz said...

Adorable card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

Crystal said...

I tell ya, Julie. You are an EXPERT with that rock n roll technique! You make it look so realistic! LOVE those leaves! tfs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...