Saturday, September 18, 2010

Two Challenges- APP15 and SSC169

Hi Stampers!    

I just love the colors for the APP#15- Ann’s Color Challenge from The Paper Players this week- see  http://www.thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/  for more details and to see all of the wonderful example from the Design Team and other participants. 

Old Olive, More Mustard, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze and Whisper White or Very Vanilla were the colors chosen from the inspiration photo by the fabulous Ann Schach! 

I also decided to incorporate the new SSC169 Sketch Challenge from Stamping with the Operators (http://www.stamping411.blogspot.com/).   


I love the floral images in the new stamp set, Just Believe and colored the main floral image with SU! Markers.  I stamped this on an oval piece of Whisper White that was already cut from the Ovals Die.  Using a sponge dauber, I sponged the edges and also sponged lightly over the image to tone down the Whisper White.  Using the Color Spritzer tool, "spritzed" the oval die cut with an Early Espresso marker. 

I used a previously embossed piece of Early Espresso and punched a circle with the new XL 2 1/2" Circle Punch, cut this in half and layered behind the oval.   

Stamp Sets:  Just Believe, Notably Ornate
 Cardstock:  Crajun Craze, More Mustard DP, Early Espresso, Old Olive and Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories:  Big Shot, Finial Press and Square Lattice EF, Ovals Die, XL 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Sanding Block, Sponge Daubers, Color Spritzer Tool, SU! Markers- Crajun Craze, More Mustard, Early Espresso, Old Olive, 5/8" Early Espresso Satin Ribbon

Thanks again for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful weekend- God Bless!

7 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Julie! I love all of the texture! You did a fabulous job using the challenge colors! Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Julie you've made such a beautiful fall card and used the colors and the challenge to perfection. TFS!

Penny
http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

Kerin said...

Oh my, the texture and rich colors on this card make it to die for!! Gorgeous!

Selene Kempton said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the texture and that stamp set is perfect for what you did! Fantastic!

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful card! I love the double ribbon and that big perfect bow! I see we both have a fondness for sponging and spritzing. Great job!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is breath taking. I love everything about it. thanks so much for sharing it with all of us at Stamping 411

Connie Babbert said...

Love this card...all the details are beautiful! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...