Monday, September 6, 2010

CCMC114 Sketch Challenge

This card was created for the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge #CCMC114 (see http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com for more details).







Since I still had the black and white theme on my mind, I decided to make another card using Elements of Style. To me this card is a simple one (it may look complicated but trust me, it is not- just a few extra steps).

I embossed two layers of Whisper White with the Vintage Wallpaper Folder and trimmed to size. Mounted these layers onto Basic Black for the background layers and attached the 5/8” Black Satin Ribbon.

Stamped the main floral image from Elements of Style and trimmed to a smaller size for the top panel, mounted this onto Basic Black.

The original tutorial I saw for this flower technique was from another demonstrator, Lynn Pratt http://stampndesign.blogspot.com/2010/04/scallop-circle-punch-flower.html.  I created the flower using the Scallop Circle Punch, cut four circles (two for each flower) from Basic Black cardstock. Run the circles several times through the Crimper Tool, and scrunch by hand to break up the fibers. Carefully separate each of the layers in two (you should now have eight layers), Line up four of the circles. Punch a hole in the center and insert a brad. Scrunch the flower layers up until you have the desired shape.

The sentiment is from Watercolor Trio and I used the Medium Oval Punch and the Scallop Oval Punch for layering.

Stamp Sets: Elements of Style, Watercolor Trio
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black

Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Punches- Medium Oval, Scallop Oval, Scallop Circle, 5/16” handheld, Pearls, 5/8” Black Satin Ribbon

Thanks for visiting- I hope you like it- God Bless!

8 comments:

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is just lovely. Thanks for the instructions on those flowers too, they are beautiful!

Kathy Bradley said...

Julie,

I love your blog. Your cards are all lovely. I hope you don't mind, but I CASEd one of your cards - from a day or so ago, it was a black/white sympathy card and had a black bow on the right corner. I followed your same card - but no bow. I used up my last sympathy card a week ago, and hate to make them, but it is necessary. Again, love your work.

Kathy Bradley said...

P.S. Your cats are beautiful. I have 3 cats. Stop by my blog and their pictures are near the bottom of the blog:
www.enteringkathyville.blogspot.com.

Stampin' Diva said...

Love the flowers. What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing @ PPA!!!

Connie Babbert said...

WOW!!! This is a GORGEOUS card, I love the black and white! You really nailed the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb said...

Beautiful card!! Black and white always are a great combo!! Great job on the sketch challenge!

Mary Brown said...

Beautiful and elegant! WOW!!! Thanks for playing along with week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the "black tie event" card theme. Great 3D flowers with tutorial. Elegant card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...